- THIS EVENT is being rescheduled for Summer 2021
- WATCH THIS SPACE FOR FURTHER UPDATES AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
Run by Elmer Postle and Ken Beagley in East Sussex
Supported by John Scaife.
Dates: Summer 2021 DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED. PLEASE EMAIL US TO INDICATE YOUR INTEREST email@example.com
- Previous participants said:
‘thanks for a great weekend. It’s the first time I’ve done anything like that and it was quite an eye opener. Great bunch of people too!’ JW
- ‘the organisation, activities, food and accommodation were all spot on’. MT
- ‘a wonderful and very natural few days where (my son) felt at home and easy with the other kids and I felt easy with all the dads’. CM
- ‘I loved the weekend’. MH
- This is for fathers, godfathers, stepfathers, grandfathers, mentors and boys/youth to spend a weekend in adventure with stories and campfires together. The weekend includes activities for boys/youth, time for men, as well as shared projects. We will thread a story through the weekend together and this offers a catalyst for us to explore inner and outer world concerns. It will be time with an emphasis on simply being together for the good of male creativity. This weekend offers an opportunity for the exchange of gifts between generations.
The title is from the poem by William Stafford: ‘A Story That Could Be True’ (see full poem below).
Place: Nr Lewes, East Sussex, by the Ouse. (address and sat nav details to follow)
Times: Arrive from 16.00 Friday for dinner at 18.30, leave 15.00 Sunday.
Accommodation is indoor in a small number of dorm-style accommodation and camping. There are local bnb’s in for those who would prefer. Limited to 20 people. Stepdads, mentors and godfathers with boys/youth and stepsons are most welcome within your specific family arrangements. Age for boys/youth: 9 – 19.
Food is included in the price.
Cost: £200.00 per man and boy/youth pair. Bring more than one boy/youth for £250 for the weekend.
To book and to find out more email or call:
Elmer Postle: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07785926796
Dan Kidner: email@example.com
To reserve your place:
Pay the full amount or a non-refundable deposit of £75.00
via bank transfer: marked as ‘Men and Boys/Youth’ to:
Account No: 31243260
by William Stafford
Both Elmer Postle and Daniel Kidner are fathers with children at the St Michaels Steiner School, London.
Bio of Elmer Postle
Elmer Postle is a Craniosacral therapist and film maker with a specialisation in birth psychology. He has studied Source Process and Breathwork, Prenatal and Birth Therapy and Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy which together form the basis of his practice. He has studied with with pioneers in the field of Mythopoetic Mens work, Robert Bly, Michael Meade, James Hillman, Malidoma Some, Martin Prechtel and co led a mens group in Devon for 15 years. In 2005 Elmer produced the documentary film ‘The Healing of Birth’ for the field of professional birth education. He has worked in television as a director and cameraman and produces recordings in the therapeutic and self-development fields through Whole Being Films. Elmer co-founded the ‘Fathers-To-Be’ initiative and in 2016 co-facilitated the ‘Healthy Birth Healthy Earth’ Conference at the Findhorn Foundation, Scotland. He lives in London with his wife and son.
Bio of Ken Beagley
Ken beagley is a master puppeteer. With his wife Jill they have run the Armchair Puppet Theatre for many years touring the UK giving performances. Ken has co-created many community theatre projects with ‘A Moveable Feast’ also involving schools. Living and working in Devon, Ken has taken part in significant social actions involving beekeeping. He is a serious allotment grower and the father of two daughters as well as grandfather to two grandsons and two grandaughters.